The Rectory was built in 1906, by remarkable craftsmen that had been brought over from Poland. These are the same master craftsmen that built the old St. Michael’s Catholic Church, now Chapel of the Archangels. The Rectory was the official residence to many of the old St. Michael’s priests and visiting priests. The Rectory has maintained its original splendor and grandeur, including:
- amazing stained glass window on the stair landing
- impeccable oak woodwork
- bright, sunny rooms
- leaded glass
- beautiful hardwood floors with inlaid designs
- fireplace in the dining room with built-in china cabinets
- tall ceilings, with original ceiling medallions, crown molding, and picture rail
- crystal chandeliers
- and so much more
In 2009, Jimmie Walker and Jim Hasey were living in Lakewood CA, when Bed & Breakfast living beckoned them. The “house picked us”, and we started our adventure. After living in Beaver Dam for a year, we then also acquired the old St. Michael’s church complex and started a wedding/reception business—Chapel of the Archangels—to complete our hospitality package.
We live here with our shelter cat, “Baby” (the most spoiled cat on the face of the planet). Just like the house, Baby picked us. When not working our full-time jobs (or doing a wedding), we delight in gardening, landscaping, and afternoon trips on the Harley. Don’t be surprised if your breakfast includes items straight from our garden.
We truly love our life at the Rectory, and are happy to have others come and share in the enjoyment!